Friday 1st April 2016
Arriva Takes On The Northern Franchise Today
Today, Arriva Rail North take over the Northern Rail franchise and rebranded the company as Northern, but a rebrand isn't the only thing coming to the new franchise.
An exciting time lays ahead for the new Northern Franchise with £1bn investment, new trains and increased service.
• New and refurbished trains: Within three years, Arriva will introduce 281 new carriages, fully refurbish the remaining fleet and remove all Pacer trains. All trains will have free WiFi by 2019.
• More services and faster journeys: A 12 per cent increase in the n...umber of services by 2019 – giving passengers greater choice with over 2,000 more services each week. Beginning in December 2017, new timetables will also provide 100 new through journey opportunities across Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield and other regional hubs.
• More capacity: With more and longer trains, there will be a 37 per cent increase in peak time capacity within the next three years.
• Improved connections through Northern Connect: Launching in 2019 with new trains, inter-urban Northern Connect services will provide faster city connections through a network of 12 long distance routes. They will provide faster connections to Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield, including new services from Bradford to Manchester Airport and Lincoln to Leeds. Northern Connect services will offer free WiFi, plug sockets, tables, air conditioning and seat reservations.
• Significant station improvements: Investing in stations to give customers easier access to information and providing new seating and waiting areas. This includes video help points being introduced at 447 stations and customer information screens at more than 160 new locations.
• Value for money and choice: Creating easier ticketing options, including advanced and off-peak fares - encouraging leisure journeys and reducing peak overcrowding.
• Northern employees: 45 currently unstaffed stations will be staffed and there will be extended opening hours at 54 locations.
Visit Our Main Page At http://www.travelnortheast.co.uk or just click here