Friday 14th July 2017
Changes To Washington & Sunderland Buses With Go North East
From 23rd July 2017, Go North East are changing some routes in the Washington & Sunderland areas.
Black Cats 2 & 2A
- On Sundays, service 2A will additionally serve Brady Square, replacing service 85 in this area. There will be some small changes to the timetable on a Sunday as a result of this.
- There are no other changes to this service.
indiGo 82, 82A and 82B - including new services 81, 83 and 84
To simplify the service, the numbers will be changed at The Galleries so that each section of route has the same number whichever direction is travelled.
Customers will be able to travel across The Galleries without the need to buy another ticket, as the bus will still run as a through service with no change of bus required – it is only the number of the bus that will change.
The services will also be revised to serve Washington Village and Barmston Court, replacing service 86 in this area.
The new service numbers will be as below:
- 81: Galleries to Harraton via Lambton, Ayton and Rickleton. On evenings and Sundays, this service will extend to Birtley, replacing service 82B
- 82: Galleries to Birtley via Lambton, Ayton and Portmeads
- 83: Galleries to Concord via Sainsbury’s, Biddick, Barmston Court, Barmston Waskerley Road and Hertburn Industrial Estate
- 84: Galleries to Heworth via Sainsbury’s, Glebe, Washington Village, Barmston Village Centre, Spout Lane, Concord and Donwell.
- Service 84 will continue to run via Follingsby Park at peak times.
- Services 83 and 84 will continue to serve both Barmston Village Centre and Waskerley Road
- On Monday to Saturday daytimes, the service is retimed by around 10 minutes, but will continue to run its current route unchanged.
- On evenings, the service is retimed, and will no longer serve The Drive.
- On Sunday daytimes, the service will run between Concord Bus Station and The Galleries only via Armstrong, Blackfell and Oxclose. The section of route between The Galleries, Biddick and Brady Square on a Sunday is replaced by the amended service 2A.
- This service is revised to run between Concord Bus Station and The Galleries only, via Blackfell and Oxclose. Barmston Court will be served by new service 83, and Washington Village will be served by new service 84.
- On evenings, the service will no longer run via The Drive.
- On Monday to Saturday evenings, the service will be extended to Teal Farm and Waterview Park, to offer a new evening service to these areas.
- Due to low customer numbers, this service will no longer run after 21 July 2017.
- Since this service was introduced, the number of customers travelling has not grown to the level required to cover the costs of operating it. Therefore, this service will no longer run after 22 July 2017.
For timetables click here
Visit Our Main Page At http://www.travelnortheast.co.uk or just click here