Saturday 5th October 2019
New Metro Timetables
Nexus, the operator of the Tyne & Wear Metro, is making the timetable change to deliver more trains at the times when passengers say they need them the most from Sunday 13th October 2019.
The new timetable follows extensive passenger research and travelling numbers; it will reduce gaps between early morning Metro services from South Shields and afternoon services through North Tyneside
The new timetable is being introduced from Sunday 13th October, and will mean:
• A network-wide regular 12 minute frequency from the first train to each Metro terminus.
• Morning and evening peak services running from Monkseaton to Pelaw will be increased.
• An evening peak Monkseaton to Longbenton service will be extended to Pelaw, due to feedback that Longbenton platform and existing services are busy at this time when the train currently terminates at Longbenton.
• The number of trains departing from St James in the afternoon peak will increase by two. Six services will depart between 16:00 & 17:00 compared with five currently. Departures between 17:00 & 18:00 will increase from four to five.
• On Saturdays an early morning train which currently starts service at South Gosforth will instead start at Benton, providing an earlier start to service from Benton.
• An additional trip between Longbenton and St James has been added on Saturday mornings when the service ramps up from a 15 minute to a 12 minute frequency.
New timetables available shortly by clicking here.
Visit Our Main Page At http://www.travelnortheast.co.uk or just click here